Over a 3 day period, Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations, including: assessing an incident, managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, heart attacks, choking, head and spinal injuries, fractures, anaphylaxis and more. The Refresher course duration is 2 days.
Our first aid at work course covers the content specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
It gives learners the first aid skills to help someone who:
- is unresponsive and breathing
- is unresponsive and not breathing (including the use of an automated external defibrillator/AED)
- is choking
- is bleeding
- is suffering from shock
- is burnt
- feels faint
- has been poisoned
- has a head injury
- has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
- is having a medical emergency:
- heart attack*
- angina attack
- asthma attack
- severe allergic reaction
- diabetic emergency
- has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries).
The course also includes information on:
- dealing with an emergency:
- assessing a casualty
- monitoring a casualty
- where to get help
- electrical incidents
- accident recording and reporting
- control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
Each learner receives a training pack including a host of resources to help them practice the skills covered. The pack includes a course companion workbook, first aid manual, bandages and more.
This course is designed around delivering the learning outcomes in a fun, and relaxed manner. Our bespoke course has received continual high quality scores, and is delivered by professional adult educators.